Our Little Ol' Family

Our Little Ol' Family

Friday, November 23, 2012

Larissa's 18th Birthday Party!

Tuesday was Larissa's 18th Birthday! (Wow!) She loves Chinese food, so I did my best to create a Chinese Feast of some of her favorite dishes. I had never made any of these recipes before, so I was really hoping that they would turn out okay. We had a big group here that night...all 5 of our kiddos, plus their sweeties, and also Cameron and Cyrena. Yep...that's 13 people!  Considering I had to work at the library that day until 4PM, and we had dinner at 6PM, it was a wee bit crazy!  I woke up at 3:30 AM the night before thinking about all I had to do.  I went ahead and got up then and got some things done so it wouldn't be so rushed after work.  Also, Cyrena has a wheat allergy, so I tried to make the recipes wheat free. (I succeeded in all but the Crag Rangoon.) Here are some pics...
Here is the filling for the Crab Rangoon.  Kylie's friend, Morgan, said, "Hey....I didn't know that Crab Rangoon had CRAB in it!!"  :)

Here's what they looked like before I fried them.

Crab Rangoon in the deep fryer.  I had never used a deep fryer before, and was so grateful for a friend who was willing to loan hers to me.

Yummiful!

Kylie helped me to make Coconut Shrimp.  (It's Larissa's VERY favorite!)

It LOOKS like the kind at the Chinese buffet!  It passed the taste test, too!  I didn't get a picture of the Orange Chicken because it was gone before I could take a picture of it! :)

Cameron and Cyrena

Tyler and Tabitha

Layton and Larissa

Lien and Lindsey

Natalie and Stephen

Kylie had the honor of lighting the candles.

Every 18 year old's dream...a gas card!  She also got a cassette tape converter thing to play her ipod in her car and a gift card to her favorite coffee house.
Hope you had a great birthday, Beauty Queen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment