Our Little Ol' Family

Our Little Ol' Family

Monday, January 14, 2013

Monday Afternoon

Wow, Volleyball tournaments wear me out...and I'm not even the one playing. I think it's just the sitting on bleachers for 7 hours that does it to me. I'm so glad to be there to watch our daughter and cheer her on, but I'm so tired the next day, you'd think I'd just done some extreme activity of one kind or another. (Wimpy, huh??) Here are some pics from the tourney yesterday. I think they wound up in 4th Place, but I'm not really sure. The last picture is of a girl we ran into who used to be on the same club soccer team as Lindsey when she was in 5th - 8th grades. It was great to see Libby and her parents and sister. This was the era when Lindsey was known as Boomer on the soccer field, because there was another Lindsey on the team and that was the nick name her coach gave her.  It's funny when we see people from that time and they don't recognize her until she says, "It's Boomer!", then a light goes on!  Lindsey is in the red and is #15 in these pictures.
Blocking a shot at the net.

This picture is blurry, but I like how it shows what a great job she does diving for a ball and popping it up to keep it in play.

'Boomer' and Libby, her old soccer team-mate.
Natalie made it back down to college yesterday.  She started her new classes this morning.  She really loves the school down there, but wishes it was closer to home.  She never dreamed she'd get this homesick.  (I think it has a bit to do with a certain boy here in KC!)

Lindsey started soccer conditioning this afternoon after school.  The actual season doesn't begin until March, though.  She'll have conditioning on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays until practices begin.  She also has evening practice for her club volleyball team on Sunday and Thursday nights. Kylie has basketball practice on Wednesday evenings when I'm at work and Todd has practice for Praise Team at church (he plays the guitar), so Lindsey takes Kylie to her Wednesday evening basketball practices.  Kylie's games are always on Saturday mornings.  Basketball ends the second week in February.  Life is busy and my house is messy.  In fact, I'm getting ready to take my Christmas tree down as soon as I get this updated.  Yes, I know it's January 14th.  Actually, I didn't know it was the 14th...I just had to ask Lindsey!  :o)  I'm already behind on sending out birthday cards.  Man, that is so frustrating!  I used to be the queen of remembering to send birthday cards.  It's not that I have forgotten, I just don't get them sent in time, then when is it too late to send them afterward??  Ugh...I hate being a procrastinator like that!!

Well I need to go switch over the laundry and get supper started.  Hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment