Our Little Ol' Family

Our Little Ol' Family

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wednesday Morning

We had started a monthly Girls' Night Out with some friends back in November, but it has turned into a Girls + Some of the Hubbies + Some of the Kids Night Out. Two of the college kiddos were home for this one, so Sami and Natalie had fun visiting with each other, and all of us old people! Sami's brother, Levi, was sick so we didn't get to see him or his daddy. The photographer in me has to say that many of the pics I've been posting lately are with my phone camera, so that's why they're a bit 'eh'.  I love that I have it there to capture the moment, though, because that's what really matters!

Last night I sent an e-mail to the principal at Kylie's school, with a carbon copy to the Buildings and Grounds person and the Superintendent. The water at the school comes out an orangish-brownish color, and even when they let it run for a while, it has little pieces of rust.  I just wanted to bring it to their attention because I wasn't sure that they knew.  I got back a really nice e-mail that they will look into it. Earlier in the year, Kylie's teacher had asked that the kids bring water bottles to school because she was concerned about the orangish-brownish water. It was especially noticeable yesterday after the long Winter Break. The school is 40 years old, and I just want to make sure that is is 'old pipes' and not a break in the pipes letting in bacteria.

Gotta scoot and get more done around here. Hope you are having a great week so far!

1 comment:

  1. Yikes about the water- I would think if the teacher had told the kids about it, the school would have been getting right on that already.

    Our house is 37 years old- and we had flaky water (from the pipes) until we spent a lot of money of fancy filters.

    ReplyDelete