Our Little Ol' Family

Our Little Ol' Family

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Wednesday Night

I love this picture of Tyler and me. It was last June when we were celebrating Kylie, Natalie, and Cookie's birthdays at the end of June. I said this week that I can tell Tyler is growing up because he has begun doing things for me that I've always done for him. Such as sending home a piece of cake for me that he and Tabitha had made. Then, a few weeks ago Kylie checked out a book from her school library which she thought I'd like to read. (She was right, by the way. It was an interesting book!) Maybe I have done something right in this whole parenting thing, after all.

I'm still having the left side ovary pain. I had a sonogram Monday. (Kylie heard about that and asked if I was pregnant. Um...no!!) It showed a cyst on my left ovary and a fibroid tumor in my uterus, but nothing that could be causing my pain. That's the same thing that happened last year when I was hurting. It's the SAME pain. No matter how much testing they do, I KNOW it's something with that ovary. It hurts like crud. Without 4 Advil every 6 hours, I literally writhe in pain. It feels like labor pain, even shooting to my groin and down my leg, which also happened to me when I was in labor. I want them to fix it, even if that means a hysterectomy. I hope it doesn't drag out 2 months like last time, though. That wore me out and made recovery more difficult. I really do appreciate your prayers.

In the meantime, I'm trying to keep things going around here. You know how one thing hits, then another and another? This is one of those times. The van is very ill. The 'check engine soon' light is on. I can't even drive it 2 blocks to Kylie's school without it overheating. Something is seriously wrong. I missed work yesterday because A) my side was killing me and B)I didn't have a way to get there. Todd was supposed to come home early so that Lindsey could use his car to go to work, but he forgot. She texted him to remind him, but he doesn't always check texts. We called Tyler at the last minute and he had his second worker cover for him and brought Lindsey his car. Then she took him back to work and took his car to work and back to his work. Then Todd picked her up from Bubby's work. It was a circus, for sure.

I made the mistake of trying to mop the kitchen and dining room floors. Ow, not a good idea. (This was two days ago.) Friday is payday and we are down to the last of the food in the cabinets and refrigerator. "Mom, there's nothing to eat!!" Well, there's nothing quick to eat, but there's stuff to eat. Please don't be picky. The only meat I had left yesterday evening were some bbq pork ribs. I put those in to cook before I walked up to Kylie's school for her Parent/Teacher conference. She's doing well, but has only advanced to the 7th grade level and they expect more out of her. Did I mention she is a 4th grader? They are wanting super overall test scores for our school and need kids like Kylie to help set records. Gee, no pressure there, eh?? Having her drop Orchestra to have more class time was even mentioned...in front of her. Not sure how I feel about that.

 

On Todd's way home from work, our 95 year old neighbor called him to let him know that there was a cardboard box in our back yard.  She said that if a storm came, it would make an awful mess.  You see, she sits at her patio door 16 hours a day and what does she look into?  Her yard and our yard, separated by a chain link fence. So, she calls to let us know when things are not picture perfect.  Come ON!! If we don't fix things to her liking, she fills out a citation for the city against us.  Yes, this is the lady I rake for and help her however I can.  It drives Todd nuts! She reminds me of Mrs. Kravitz on Bewitched. (see picture) I really have had no time these past few years to 'pretty up' our yard.  We do keep it mowed, raked, and trimmed, but I don't plant flowers and do extra landscaping.  Maybe someday will be my season for that, but not right now.  She and her husband only had one child, so I'm not sure she recognizes the stress and work that come with having 5 kids and working two jobs, plus trying to keep up with all of the inside stuff.  Plus feeling like crud with my side on top of it.  This morning, I took a strong dose of my pain medicine and went out and fixed our backyard to make it to her liking.  I knew if Todd had to do that, it would really make him that much more angry about it, and he'd be seething toward her the whole time.  I wanted to save him from that.  Well, it's done now so we'll see how long it will be before she calls and complains again.  I give it a couple of weeks. Hopefully she hasn't already filled out a citation for our cardboard box.  If so, I'm sure the city will understand when we talk to them after they send out their required letter of complaint. They are used to her by now, I'm sure. If she's going to complain about anything, I wish she's complain about the neighbor on the other side of us who painted his house a hideous blue color that doesn't look like house paint.  I'm not sure what it is, but yikes! Everyone who comes over comments on it. Yep.  But, overall, we really like our neighborhood and I am so grateful for our home which has been a huge blessing to our family.

Okay, end of complaint and time for bed.  Hope you are having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment