Our Little Ol' Family

Our Little Ol' Family

Thursday, February 21, 2013

We've had a wee bit of snow...

As you can tell, poor Rue just hates all of this snow we've been having!
Love how her ears are flying back in this shot. She really gets to moving out there!

Whee!!  She's going to sleep well tonight!

Lindsey and Kylie cleaned most of the driveway for Daddy. I found out it was a bribe hoping that Daddy would take Lindsey to see her boyfriend, because she hasn't seen him ALL DAY!  *gasp*
Todd started to work this morning, but couldn't make it up our street, so he turned around and came back home.  He then realized he had an e-mail from his boss saying that they recommended that everyone work remotely from home if at all possible today.  Yay!  He headed down to Tyler's room to work to avoid interruptions.  I'm not sure it worked that well, as Miss Kylie was down there with him most of the day.  He didn't complain, so I have a feeling they enjoyed their day together.  Kylie took her stuff down there to 'play school'.  She told me she wanted to move down there, but I vetoed that one!  I have a feeling she would change her mind about that after it got dark outside.

The kids had a snow day from school, and have another one tomorrow, as well.  The library was closed today because of the weather, so I didn't have to go to work, either. I'm trying to get some cleaning done around here, between playing outside with Kylie and cooking for us.

I can't remember how much I've written on here about some health issues I've been having lately.  Anyhow, I had a dr appt Tuesday morning and figured out what it going on with the pain I've been having. First of all, the pain had lessened quite a bit by Sunday evening which is a HUGE blessing! I told the dr about the pain which is on my left side and feels like labor pain and extends down my left thigh. When it's at its worse, it hurts SO bad, I can't even explain it, except that it feels like I'm in labor. The first time I had it, in December, it lasted 3 days. This time it lasted two weeks. The dr examined me and looked at my recent sonogram and said that I have Post Ablation Tubal Sterilization Syndrome, which is very rare but she has seen it a few times. (Imagine that...me having something rare! *sarcasm*) Basically, the blood I should be passing each month becomes trapped and has no where to go. My uterus starts contracting trying to get rid of it. (Thus the labor-type pain) Eventually, my body starts trying to reabsorb it, but never completely gets rid of it. The sonogram showed it trapped in there, and she said it will keep happening, with the pain being excruciating, then lessening a bit after a couple of weeks until the next cycle. She said that the only thing to cure it is to have a hysterectomy. So...her office will be calling me to set that up for sometime in March. They will take the uterus, cervix, and left Fallopian tube, but not the left ovary, if at all possible. Overnight stay in the hospital, and 8 weeks of no lifting. After that, I should be good to go! I'm so glad she could figure out what it is, and I hope that I can be done with surgeries after this. I am praying that the pain will go/stay away until the surgery can take care of things. Good grief, I'm so ready to just be one healthy mama! Her surgery scheduling people called me on Wednesday afternoon and said that they set my surgery up for next Wednesday, February 27th.  Yikes, that's soon!! Also, Todd will be on a business trip and won't arrive home until late that afternoon.  My mom and dad are going to drive up and meet me at the hospital. The rest will just have to fall into place.

Gotta scoot for now.  Trying to get some cleaning done before Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Rue looks as happy as the polar bears at the zoo! So cute. Also, very thankful your surgery is scheduled soon. Praying for you, dear Janet, and trusting God's care over all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray this takes care of all of that pain. I know it has just been one thing after the other.

    I love those pictures of Rue- she is smiling!

    ReplyDelete