Our Little Ol' Family

Our Little Ol' Family

Thursday, May 16, 2013

I've Got Some Catchin' Up To Do!

Well, blogspot is being difficult this morning and not letting me upload any pics for my update, so let me see if I can just remember all that's been going on this past month or so.

*I went back to work at the library after my surgery.  That is going well, other than one of my incision areas being really super tender.
*Lindsey had her 17th birthday on April 28th.  She was the 'baby of the family' for so long that we still think of her that way.  Can't believe my baby is going to be a Senior next year!
*Tyler was promoted to Assistant Manager at his job! He is living back at home for the summer, as his lease on the house he was renting with friends has expired.  He is going to save some money, then find a house or apartment this fall.
*We've attended about 20 gazillion RHS soccer games.  The girls finished up 2nd in their conference, and we were really proud of them!  It was a great season, but I don't remember EVER having games postponed for snow before this year OR of having so many terribly cold games.
*Kylie's volleyball season is going great.  She is a good little player and it is fun to see how much all of the teams have improved since the beginning of the season! Her team is currently undefeated, and they have just one more game left. Kylie hates to see the season end, and is hoping we can find a team for her for the summer.  (We'll see...)
*I've been doing some photo shoots and have more coming up!
*Lindsey and Lien went to Prom and looked adorable!
*Kylie was sick and missed her Spring Orchestra concert.  That was sad!
*Larissa got an award as one of the Outstanding Senior Art Students!
*Lindsey and her friend, Paige, were in the talent show at school and did a great job!
*This past Sunday, Todd, Kylie and I drove down to Waco to pick Miss Natalie up from college. We got Natalie's stuff loaded, then drove Todd to the airport in Dallas so that he could leave for a business trip to Richmond, VA. He comes back this evening. The girls and I drove home and made it here around 1pm on Tuesday. I was glad to get home so early so that I was able to attend Lindsey's Symphony concert that evening.
*Natalie is excited to be home for the summer.  She will be taking a Chemistry class and Chemistry Lab at UMKC, as well as working a part-time job, and getting to job shadow with a Neuro-Opthalmologist at KU Med.  She is especially excited to get to be there on Fridays when he performs surgeries. She will get to see some regular eye surgeries, as well as some intricate brain surgeries.
*Next week is Larissa's last week of high school! We are having her Graduation Party Sunday afternoon. Please pray for her as she takes finals Monday and Tuesday.

That's about it for now.  I'm sure I've forgotten something, as we've been crazy busy with 'regular life' as well as all of the 'extras'! Hope you are all doing well!

1 comment:

  1. gosh- I can't believe college classes are out already! I know you will love having her home.

    ReplyDelete